Aims & Scope
Journal of Hainan Medical University (JHMU) (ISSN 1007-1237 CODEN: HYXAAM) is a semimonthly journal, distributed at home and abroad. It is sponsored by Hainan Medical University, edited and published by Editorial Board of Journal of Hainan Medical University. It mainly focuses on theoretical and practical studies, basic and clinic researches on new medical materials, techniques, methods and equipment; reports development, achievement, and application in biomedical field; publishes articles, book reviews, conference reports about biology and medicine.
Human and Animal Rights
Human experiments should be performed only in accordance with the ethical standards provided by the responsible committee of the institution and in accordance with the Declaration of Helsinki (as revised in Edinburgh 2000), available at http://www.wma.net/en/30publications/10policies/index.html. All investigations on human subjects must include a statement that the subject gave informed consent. Patient anonymity should be preserved. Photographs need to be cropped sufficiently to prevent human subjects being recognized (or an eye bar should be used). Animal experiments should be in accordance with the instructions for the care and use provided by the institution at which the research was carried out.
The submission of a manuscript by authors implies that they automatically agree to assign exclusive copyright to the Journal of Hainan Medical University if the manuscript is accepted for publication.
Conflict of interest
All authors must disclose any financial and personal relationships with other people or organizations that could inappropriately influence (bias) their work. Examples of potential conflicts of interest include employment, consultancies, stock ownership, honoraria, paid expert testimony, patent applications/registrations, and grants or other funding.
Submissions will be subject to an article processing charge (APC) if accepted and published in Journal of Hainan Medical University: 1200 CNY per article.
Journal of Hainan Medical University was a monthly journal in 2015. Since 2016, the journal publishes articles semimonthly, 24 issues per year in one volume. Two issues are published on the 14th and 28th of each month.
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
Journal of Hainan Medical University is a peer-reviewed journal, to ensure the high-quality, fair and ethical publication of scientific papers, the principles outlined below should be obeyed by all participants involved in the act of publishing: the author, the journal editor, the peer reviewer, and the publisher in the publication process.
Responsibility for the Authors
1. All authors should have participated sufficiently in the work to take public responsibility for the content. Written approval signed by all authors should be presented with the manuscript. The sequence of author's names represents the degree of contribution. Co-authorship should be indentified in the manuscript.
2. Authors must certify that their manuscript is their original work, has not previously been published elsewhere, or even submitted and been in reviewed in another journal. Any kinds of plagiarism, fraudulent data found in the paper will be denied for publication.
3. Authors are obliged to provide corrections of mistakes and report any errors they discover in their published paper to the Editors by email:email@example.com.
4. Authors must identify all sources used in the creation of their manuscript and state that all data in the paper are real and authentic.
5. All submitted papers are subject to strict peer review process.
6. All submitted papers will be detected the similarity score using iThenticate software. An overall similarity less than 20% and similarity of text from a single source less than 5% for a manuscript will be considered for publication.
Responsibility for the reviewers
1. Reviewers should keep all information regarding papers confidential.
2. Reviewers should express their views objectively and clearly with supporting arguments, no personal criticism of the author, and provide the author with useful suggestions for improvement of the manuscript.
3. Reviewers may identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors and should contact the editorial office for any substantial similarity or overlap between the manuscript under consideration and any other published papers.
4. Reviewers should not review manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers and inform the editorial office.
Responsibility for the editors
1. Editors should guarantee the quality of the publication.
2. Editors should process the submitted papers fairly and timely.
3. Editors should select appropriate and eligible reviewers for the submitted papers and keep all information of reviewers confidential.
Peer Review Process
The acceptance of each paper will be decided by three reviewers for publication.
1. All submitted papers will be assessed by an Editor, the suitable ones (meet our editorial criteria) will be sent to three qualified reviewers for peer review.
2. If one of the three reviewers disagrees with publication, editor will select the fourth reviewer for peer review.
3. If the fourth reviewer agrees with publication, editor will inform the author for acceptance with or without revisions.
4. If the fourth reviewer disagrees with publication, editor will select the fifth reviewer.
5. If the fifth reviewer agrees with publication, editor will inform the author. If not, the paper will be rejected.
6. If no experts included in our expert database are qualified for the peer review of an article, editor will invite other competent experts to make a decision.
7. The final decision of acceptance lies with the chief editor based on the comments of the reviewers. Authors will be informed of the decision (Acceptance, minor revision, major revision or rejection).
8. Each peer review process is expected to be completed within 15 days (the first three reviewers will finish reviewing within 15 days, and the fourth and fifth reviewers have 10 days each).
Journal of Hainan Medical University is indexed or abstracted in Centre for Agriculture and Bioscience Abstract (CABA), Cambridge Scientific Abstracts (CSA), Ulrich's Periodicals Directory (UPD), Chemical Abstracts (CA), Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), Japan Science ＆ Technology Corporation (JST), HINARI, EBSCO, Chinese Scientific and Technical Papers and Citation Database (CSTPCD), Wanfang Data, Index Copernicus (IC).
The Publisher, Society and Editors cannot be held responsible for errors and any consequences arising from the use of information contained in this journal; the views and opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the Publisher, Society and Editor, neither does the publication of advertisements constitute any endorsement by the Publisher, Society and Editor of the products advertised.
To the extent permissible under applicable laws, no responsibility is assumed by Journal of Hainan Medical University Press for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a result of any actual or alleged libelous statements, infringement of intellectual property or privacy rights, or products liability, whether resulting from negligence or otherwise, or from any use or operation of any ideas, instructions, procedures, products or methods contained in the material therein.
The advertisements in the journal, in both print and online publishing platforms, do not constitute on the part of Journal of Hainan Medical University Press a guarantee or endorsement of the quality or value of the advertised products or services described therein or of any of the representations or the claims made by the advertisers with respect to such products or services.
Journal of Hainan Medical University promotes authors of articles published in our journal to share their research data with other scientists for non-commercial purposes. The research data include, but are not limited to raw data, processed data, software, algorithms, protocols, models, methods and other related materials.
Authors of original research articles are encouraged to submit a data sharing statement at the time of submission. The statement needs to explain what parts can be made public, to whom, and how to obtain them if there is additional unpublished data.
All authors listed in a manuscript submitted to Journal of Hainan Medical University must have contributed in a meaningful and identifiable way to the design, performance, analysis, and reporting of the work and to agree to be accountable for all aspects of the work. The corresponding author assumes responsibility for obtaining permission from all co-authors for the submission of any/all version(s) of the manuscript and for any changes in authorship.